Advancing the Story
Broadcast Journalism in A Multimedia WorldBook - 2012
While retaining the book's clear instruction and advice from those in the trenches, the authors focus on updating to reflect the latest issues and trends with:
* greater emphasis on the importance of understanding the audience;
* a new focus on the use of social media to gather, promote and disseminate news content;
* expanded information on "the three screen strategy" to deliver content to mobile devices, the web and television;
* new opportunities created by entrepreneurial, niche and hyper-local news sites;
* suggestions for how readers can develop their own "brands," including updated multimedia portfolios; and
* interviews with dozens of additional journalists at the forefront of industry changes.
To show how the book's lessons work in the field, every chapter includes:
* Know and Tell--professional journalists share insights on multiplatform approaches and industry changes.
* Trade Tools--the authors' training materials, such as handy checklists with tips and best practices.
* Taking It Home--brief chapter wrap-ups.
* Talking Points--questions and scenarios for in-class discussion.
* Online Learning Modules-- interactive chapter exercises, skill-building tutorials and analysis from journalism experts.
Be sure to visit the authors on twitter and their author blog!